Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Conference! and what bugs me at work

-when i call someone to give them hours, and they don't call back.

well, that is the only thing that bugs me. haha. It is actually really great! I get to see bryan whenever I walk to the bathroom...and for those of you who know me....that is multiple times a day because my bladder is so small...lol.

So, Bryan and I have to give a talk in church on Oct. 25th....not looking forward to that. We don't know what our topic is yet. But, it would be awesome if we were supposed to talk about conference because, conference was AMAZING.

I think our favorite talk was by well... we had a few. First fave, David A. Bednar, he talked about how we need to express and show people that we love them. Not just in words, but in actions as well. And also that we need to consistantly show it. Also, he talked about sharing our testimony with the ones we love, and that we shouldn't ever feel awkward or embarassed to do it either. One thing he said that I really think is true and that we all could work on is this "What we know is not always reflected in what we do." Like, we may say stuff that we know, but we need to show that we know it too by being Christlike.

We also loved Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk. He said that of all the things that we want to be known for, for being members of the church, it should be for being disciples of Christ. And we do that by keeping the commandments. And by loving others. He said that love should be the center of everything we do in our family, in our church callings, and in our livelihood. And my personal favorite quote "Love should be our walk and our talk". He then said that love is the power that initiates friendship, tolerance, civility, and respect.

Another fave quote from his talk: "We need to love God, for what we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. And what we think and do determines who we are and what we become."

One more thing he said that we loved: "Because God is love, the closer we are to Him, the more love we have for Him. Love is the measure of our faith."

I think that the main points of conference were: love, spiritual promptings, becoming closer to Christ, and more Christlike.

We loved conference. It was so uplifting and filled our home with the Spirit. :)

-Bryan and Becca

2 comments:

  1. this was great bex!! i loved it! can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! and i loved the "our home" so adorable, look at my favorite married girl...luff!

    ReplyDelete